I am looking for some help this year, and you may be just the person I’m looking for. My summer will be spent working with some amazing wedding clients, and I am looking for a some skilled people to help me out with three different part time positions: Second Photographer, Retoucher, and someone to help me with my Blogging and online presence. I am open to any number of scenarios, whether it is a single person who helps me out, or 3 separate people, or some combination in between. Based out of Edmonton or Sherwood Park. Here is what I’m looking for:
- At the moment, there are 5 dates (locally) that I need help with, and a few more out of town ones that *may* require your help.
- Someone with experience shooting 5-10 weddings ( as the lead or 2nd shooter…experience is helpful, but exceptions can be made, and I will train)
- Similar shooting style as me (check out my work)
- Available to help out Saturdays during the summer (really important!)
- Have a car, and know how to drive it
- Great personality, must like to have fun, enjoy working with people, have a sense of humour, but still a hard worker
- Have some of your own camera gear (at least a basic setup)
- Commitment? The dates I need help with are: July 4, July 25, Aug 15, Aug 22, Aug 29, and June 27 and Sep 26 out of town weddings that I *may* need help with also
- I will provide you with the files shortly after a wedding, and require them back from you in a timely fashion
- Good knowledge of color correction and related exposure adjustments, etc. in Lightroom 5
- You do not need to be an expert…training will be provided…but you must know your way around the program, and have an eye for seeing color biases
- Commitment? Each group of images could take anywhere from 3-5 hours
Blogging/Online Presence Assistant:
- Copywriting for blog posts
- Collecting information and other various communication with clients
- Assist with social media promotion
- You do not need to have a degree in journalism…I’m simply looking for someone who gets excited about weddings and will help me in getting images off of my computer and out into the world.
- BUT – if you have some ability and can write a bit, that is what I’m looking for!
- Most of this I foresee being accomplished through email – you do not necessarily be from my area to apply
- And…as this is a new position for me, there may be other things that we can wrap up into this position as well. Think of it as a Virtual Blogging/Social/Sharing Guru.
- Commitment? I am looking for only a few hours per week, but as this is a new position, we’ll see what happens and adjust as we go!
These positions are open to anyone who thinks they have the qualifications to be successful. For the Second Photographer, you can be professionally trained or self taught – what matters most to me is that you can prove you have talent.
If you are interested in either one or both of the positions, I’d love to hear from you. Here’s what you do…
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- which position(s) you are interested in
- a few images or a link to a gallery or website (if interested in second shooter position)
- your camera gear (if interested in the second shooter position)
- your retouching expertise and some examples (if interested in the retouching position)
- and why you think you are a good fit
Please respond no later than February 13. Looking forward to hearing from you!